Last updated: July 16, 2020
Interpretation and Definitions
The words of which the initial letter is capitalised have meanings defined under the following conditions.
The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
- You means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
- Company (referred to as either "the Company", "We", "Us" or "Our" in this Agreement) refers to Carol Herbert trading as Carol Herbert Photography.
- Account means a unique account created for You to access our Service or parts of our Service.
- Website refers to Carol Herbert Photography, accessible from www.carolherbertphotography.co.uk
- Service refers to the Website.
- Country refers to: United Kingdom
- Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Service or to assist the Company in analysing how the Service is used.
- Third-party Social Media Service refers to any website or any social network website through which a User can log in or create an account to use the Service.
- Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- Cookies are small files that are placed on Your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of Your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
- Device means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a cellphone or a digital tablet.
- Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- The singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- "including" is understood to mean "including without limitation";
- reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
For the purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, Carol Herbert is the "data controller". This means that Carol Herbert determines the purpose for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
Types of Data Collected
While using My Service, I may ask You to provide Me with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify You. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Usage Data
I may collect your Data in a number of ways, for example:
- when you contact me through the Website, by telephone, post, email or through any other means;
- when you elect to receive marketing communications from me in the way of newsletters;
- when you use my services.
Usage Data may be collected automatically when using the Service.
Usage Data may include information such as Your Device's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that You visit, the time and date of Your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When You access the Service by or through a mobile device, I may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device You use, Your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of Your mobile device, Your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser You use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
I may also collect information that Your browser sends whenever You visit my Service or when You access the Service by or through a mobile device.
This information helps me make improvements to the Website content and navigation.
Use of Your Personal Data
Any or all of the Data may be required by me from time to time to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using my Website. Specifically, Data may be used by me for the following reasons:
- To provide and maintain my Service, including to monitor the usage of my Service.
- To manage Your Account: to manage Your registration as a user of the Service. The Personal Data You provide can give You access to different functionalities of the Service that are available to You as a registered user.
- For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items or services You have purchased or of any other contract with Me through the Service.
- To contact You: To contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application's push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide You with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which I offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless You have opted not to receive such information.
- To manage Your requests: To attend and manage Your requests to Me.
- Internal record keeping.
I may use your Data for the above purposes if I deem it necessary to do so for my legitimate business interests.
For the delivery of direct marketing to you via email I need your consent either via an opt-in or soft opt-in:
- soft opt-in consent applies when you have previously engaged with me (for example you contact me to ask for more details and I am marketing similar products or services. Under soft opt-in consent I will take your consent as given unless you opt-out.
- for other types of marketing I am required to obtain your explicit consent; that is, you need to take positive or affirmative action when consenting by, for example, checking a tick box that I provide.
- if you are not satisfied by my approach to marketing you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by sending and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Retention of Your Personal Data
I will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of My Service, or I am legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
I do not routinely share information with any third-parties and no-one but Carol Herbert has accessed to any of Your Data.
Under certain circumstances, I may be required to disclose Your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Other legal requirements
I may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- Protect the personal safety of Users of the Service or the public
- Protect against legal liability
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of Your Personal Data is important to Me, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Whilst I strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your Personal Data, I cannot guarantee its absolute security.
I do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If You are a parent or guardian and You are aware that Your child has provided Me with Personal Data, please contact Me. If I become aware that I have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, I will take steps to remove that information from My servers.
If I need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing Your information and Your country requires consent from a parent, I may require Your parent's consent before I collect and use that information.
Links to Other Websites
I have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.